The ‘sons of God’ mentioned in the book of Genesis, chapter 6 and in the book of Job were a pre – Adamic race of men. This conclusion is not based upon speculation or conjecture but upon information that is contained in the Bible. In previous parts of this series it was proven that the sons of God could not have been angels. Please read part 2A and part 2B to see irrefutable evidence that neither Lucifer in Isaiah 14 or the ‘anointed cherub’ in Ezekiel 28 were guilty of sexual sins, such as those the people of Sodom and Gomorrah, and they did not leave left their ‘first estate’ because they found the daughters of Adam to be beautiful but rather because they want to conquer Heaven and exalt themselves to the position of God. In this concluding segment of ‘The mystery of the sons of God’ series I would like to offer evidence that the Bible indeed proves that a race or races of men, of humans that predate Adam have existed from the very beginning of creation.
There is some confusion regarding the term ‘sons of God’ as used in the Old Testament, and in the New Testament. Let me clarify that this series of articles strictly addresses the subject of the mysterious race of creatures called the ‘sons of God’ in Genesis, chapter 6, and Job, chapter 1,chapter 2 and chapter 38. The New Testament term, the ‘sons of God’, as used by the apostle John and by the apostle Paul refers to the spiritual ‘born again’ children of God. These are the children of God, who because of their faith in Jesus Christ are born of the Spirit of God, and are therefore His spiritual seed. The Old Testament, ‘sons of God’ is a reference to a race of corporeal beings that are men much like Adam. Adam, a corporeal flesh and blood man was called a ‘son of God’ yet he is not a begotten son like Jesus Christ, and is therefore not the heir of God. So the ‘sons of God’ in the Old Testament and the New Testament are not the same type of creature, one are flesh and blood, the other are ‘new creatures in Christ’, an entirely new species that did not exist in the Universe prior to the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. The confusion that reigns on this subject is not in regards to the born again, spiritual ‘sons of God’ but rather the mysterious creatures of the Old Testament.
In this article I will list a number of Biblical facts to prove the existence of a pre-Adamic race of men on Earth that established the first civilizations on our planet. I will quote some verses of scripture from both the Old and the New Testament, and will then list all the facts that are a part of the Biblical account followed by what we can infer from these facts. Readers and listeners are encouraged to review carefully and prayerfully what I believe the Bible teaches so that they too can be freed from much error that is prevalent in this field of study. The following verses of scripture from the book of Job, chapter 38:4-7 reveal that intelligent created life was in existence even before the Earth was formed.
- What we learn from the above verses of scripture are the following facts:
1. The time referred to in these scriptures is the time of the laying of the foundation of the Earth.
2. At this time the ‘morning stars’ sang together.
3. All the ‘sons of God’ shouted for joy.
4. God used exact measurements, created the blueprints for the planet before actually beginning the process of forming the Earth.
These scriptures along with Genesis, chapter 2, and Proverbs, chapter 8 dispel the myth that all God’s creation was formed instantaneously. As in Proverbs 8 these scriptures speak of measurements, of laying of foundations, and the placing of a corner stone that reveal to us that there was a process that was followed in the building of the Earth. The planet was built as all buildings are: first came the plans, and then in time the plans were executed and through a step by step process, described in greater detail in Genesis and Proverbs, the planet came into existence. As proven in the previous Chronology of Creation and Pre – Adamic civilizations series, the commonly accepted idea that God created the entire Universe simultaneously and instantaneously is a false one. The planets and heavenly bodies were formed one by one, and not before the plans and designs, including the measurements of each one, were created by God. The Bible speaks a great deal about the process of the formation of the Earth, there is no reason to believe that similar planning and designing would not have preceded the formation of each planet and other heavenly bodies. The reason I mention the detail of the planning that went into the design and formation of the Earth is that it reveals the fact that the planet was not created to be a barren wilderness but rather but rather a fit place of habitation right from the beginning. Isaiah 45:18 tells us as much: For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
So that which applies to the planet Earth must also apply to the other planets in God’s creation. There is no reason to believe that they were created as a barren wilderness; following the logic of Isaiah 45:18 it would mean that the other planets were just as carefully planned, designed and formed as the Earth, and meant to be inhabited. I do not wish to belabor the point that I have made many times in the past that the Bible teaches that God created worlds (Hebrews 1:2, 11:3), it teaches there is life in the heavens (Revelation 12:12). Biblically speaking there is no place in God’s creation that intelligent life is not to be found, both good and evil beings. Hebrews 11:3 tells us God framed worlds, the word ‘frame’ in the original Greek means to make a perfect fit, suitable, such as one should be, deficient in no part. So if our world was perfect in the beginning, then so would all the other worlds have been. If our world was meant to be inhabited by corporeal flesh and blood creatures, primarily man, then so would the other terrestrial visible worlds have been meant to be inhabited by similar creatures. We need to deprogram our minds from the scientific mumbo jumbo conditioning that the Universe is a barren wilderness. The Biblical truth is quite the opposite. If it is true that some of the planets in our Solar System such as Mars are now a barren wilderness, it does not mean that this is how they were originally created. On our own Earth we know there have been major catastrophes that have changed it dramatically from its original form, so the same could have happened, and I believe did happen, on other planets. The reason I emphasize the idea that other worlds and civilizations have existed, and must still exist, beyond the Earth becomes significant when we contemplate that if such worlds do exist then they must have inhabitants, human inhabitants perhaps?
It is my belief that the Earth was originally inhabited by a race of men, who predate Adam; these men were called ‘sons of God’ in the Old Testament. According to Job 38:7 the ‘sons of God’ shouted for joy when they saw the beginning of the formation of the Earth, when its foundations were laid. It is commonly believed that these creatures were ‘angels’. However as proven in previous segments of this series, the sons of God could not have been angels. Please read previous segments and listen to the shows to understand why the ‘sons of God’ were a different species than the ‘morning stars’, and why they could not have been angels.
Where in the Bible do we find it written that a race of men, other than the race of Adam were present on Earth long before Adam was formed?
Beginning in verse 22 of this chapter, the Wisdom of God personified gives a detailed description of the time of the formation of the Earth. It is a very vivid and scientific description of the ‘Terraformation’ of planet Earth. This scripture among others proves that the Earth was not created as a barren wilderness; the condition which best describes it as found in Genesis 1:2 that the Earth was without ‘form and void’. This is a description of the primordial time when the planet was first formed, long before Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
If we look closely at verse 31, what we find is that the Bible tells us that there were ‘sons of men’ rejoicing with the Wisdom of God even when the foundations of the earth were being laid. We read in Proverbs 8:29-31 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
The following facts may be elicited from the above verses of scripture that will reveal that the time period referred to in this chapter parallels the time period in Job 38. The time period is that when the planet Earth had just begun to be ‘formed’, given shape from previously created plans much as a building is formed from its blueprints. Unlike the darkness covered earth in Genesis 1:2 that had to be refitted and reshaped to make it suitable for habitation before man was formed on it, at that long distant primordial time, creation was filled with joy and rejoicing, and the inhabitants were already present even before their habitation was built which certainly was not the case with Adam. In Job 38:7 we read that the ‘sons of God’ shouted for joy; in Proverbs 8:31 we are told that the Wisdom of God rejoiced with the ‘sons of men’. As I have written in many previous articles on creation, and have done numerous shows on the subject, the original creation of God as recorded in Genesis 1:1 was perfect, was a thing of beauty that brought joy and rejoicing; there was no darkness in that age, it was indeed the Golden Age of creation that came to an end when iniquity was found in the ‘anointed cherub’ of Ezekiel 28. So if Job 38 and Proverbs 8 are descriptions of the very beginning of creation, long before Adam was formed, who were the ‘sons of men’ mentioned in Proverbs 8:31? Even if we accept the argument that the sons of God of Job 38:7 were angels, it would be too much of a stretch to try and prove that the ‘sons of men’ of Proverbs 8:31 were angels; I am sure no scholar out there would attempt such an interpretation but they might suggest they were the sons of Adam. If it can be proven that the ‘sons of men’ of Proverbs 8:31 could not have been the sons of Adam then the case would have been proven that the Bible does indeed teach that a race of men, who did not spring up from Adam, were present in God’s creation from the very beginning.
Let’s look once again at Proverbs 8:31: Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
1. The time period is that of the laying of the foundations of the Earth
2. Adam was not present at that time because Adam was not formed before the Earth was formed.
3. The time was a time of joy, of rejoicing, not just by God’s creatures but by God Himself as personified in the Spirit of Wisdom. However in Genesis the earth was covered in darkness, it was void and empty, a wasteland, certainly not a place one would rejoice over; cry perhaps but not rejoice and not shout for joy.
4. The term used is the ‘sons of men’; ‘men’ is plural in this scripture. This would imply that the Wisdom of God found a whole race of men to be delightful not just one man. So God found delight not just in one man but in many men. Even if Adam was present at the time of the laying of the foundations of the earth, which of the ‘sons of Adam’ would have been delightful to the wisdom of God?
5. Adam himself was not delightful having committed the greatest transgression of all men that followed him according to Romans 5:14. Leaving aside the fact that if Adam was not present at the time of the formation of the Earth, none of his sons could have been present on Earth either, however, even if they were there were not many sons of Adam that God would have found to be delightful. In the whole pre – flood world, only three men were righteous, Abel, Enoch and Noah. The sons of Adam of the pre – flood world grieved God at His heart (Genesis 6:6), they were not creatures that He would rejoice in.
The only conclusion to be drawn from Proverbs, chapter 8 is that Adam was not present at the time of the laying of the foundations of the earth yet there were ‘sons of men’ in existence at that time. So this race of men could not possibly have been the race of Adam. According to Job 38:7 intelligent life was present in the Universe even before the Earth and the heavens were formed. A race of beings called the ‘sons of God’ were certainly present at that time. And according to Proverbs 8:31 a race of men were present at that time. The ‘sons of God’ were rejoicing with God when He began the process of the formation of His Universe; and God was rejoicing with the ‘sons of men’ as the earth was made habitable and given to them.
· Does it then not stand to reason that ‘sons of God’ of Job 38:7 and the ‘sons of men’ of Proverbs 8:31 are one and the same?
· Does it not then prove that humans, a race or races of men were created even before the earth was created and certainly a long time before Adam? Who else could these men have been except the ‘sons of God’ of Job 38 and Genesis 6?
· Is this not a much more reasonable explanation of what happened in Genesis 6? The sons of God who were humans, saw the daughters of men, who were also human, found them to be attractive, and came down (from wherever they were), and married them and had children with them?
· These pre – Adamic human ‘sons of God’ formed civilizations on Earth that predate Adam; civilizations, the evidence of which is still to be found all over our planet.
In previous articles and shows I have discussed the Biblical doctrine that there was a certain order to God’s creation, all of the Cosmos did not spring up at once. God first created THE HEAVEN, the city from which He rules the Universe. Then He formed THE EARTH to be inhabited. Genesis 1:1: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. The original inhabitants of the Earth were not the children of Adam but the ‘sons of God’ who too were men but not the race of Adam. They shouted for joy when they witnessed the beginning of the formation of the Earth for it was a world that God was making for them to dwell upon. Terrestrial worlds have always been meant to be inhabited by corporeal beings; angels do not require such worlds. When the Earth had been made habitable, it was given to the ‘sons of God’ who built civilizations upon it in the time that is known as the Golden Age. Being that it was an age without darkness and evil, it was a time of delight, both for God and men.
As proven in part 2B of this series, evil was birthed in the Universe by the ‘anointed cherub’ that brought an end to the Golden Age. As the Universe degenerated into the next age from its original perfect condition, in the Silver Age, darkness began casting its evil shadow not only upon the Cherubim, and the angels, but also upon the men, the ‘sons of God’ in that distant time. Following the ‘anointed cherub’, many angels and ‘sons of men’ rebelled against God. In the process of time judgment was passed upon many worlds including the Earth bringing an end to the civilizations that formed those worlds. We can read about this judgment in Jeremiah, chapter 4, and it is also confirmed by the apostle Peter in 2 Peter, chapter 3. I would now like to offer Biblical evidence that pre – Adamic civilizations have existed upon Earth, civilizations that were most likely very technologically advanced as described in the myths of Atlantis, and Lemuria, and of the Rama Empire in India.
I have discussed these scriptures in the past but would like to do so once again emphasizing the fact that though many traditional scholars claim these scriptures refer to the time of Noah’s flood, several details in here would contradict this interpretation. These verses of scripture parallel Genesis 1:2 using the very same terminology.
· Genesis 1:2 tells us that the earth was without form and void as does Jeremiah 4:23 using the exact same words. Isaiah 45:18 tells us that God did not create the earth as a void empty wasteland; therefore it must have become so at a later time. So once the perfect earth as described in Proverbs 8 and Isaiah 45 had been finished, it was inhabited. But some time after, the original perfect earth became a barren wilderness, how did that happen? People will say that it happened in the days of Noah because of the flood. While this is partially true, not all things mentioned in Genesis and in Jeremiah happened in the days of Noah. For instance:
· Darkness did not cover the face of the deep as both the Genesis and Jeremiah accounts tell us it did. Genesis reads that darkness was upon the face of the deep and Jeremiah says that the heavens had no light. This is why God said “Let there be light” in Genesis 1:3. God did not say that after Noah’s flood. The heavens did not stop giving light in Noah’s day; the sun kept shining as did the stars and the moon. This is how a rainbow was formed after the flood. In Genesis there were no sun moon or stars, they had to be re-formed to give light on Earth. So the catastrophic destruction documented by the prophet Jeremiah could not possibly have been the time of Noah.
· Jeremiah tells us that there was NO MAN on the earth, and no birds in the heavens. This was certainly not true in Noah’s days. Noah himself was upon the earth as were his 3 sons and their wives throughout the flood. There are no errors in the Bible; if it says there was no man, then there was no man on the earth. So it would seem to indicate a time when men had been upon the earth yet they were no longer on it until Adam was formed to once again replenish or RE-FILL the earth as it once was. If it had once been filled with men and cities and civilizations, what happened to them? Science gives us random natural acts such as an asteroid wiping out the dinosaurs but the Bible reveals the cause to be a judgment from God, as a result of the evil of the inhabitants of that time. Both in Ezekiel 28 and Isaiah 14 God’s Word tells us that He judged the anointed cherub and Lucifer, would these judgments not have brought catastrophic destruction on those worlds, much as we read about the catastrophic destructions that will befall the earth in the days ahead? Is this not what the prophet Jeremiah tells us happened in those days?
· After telling us that there was NO MAN left on the earth, the prophet tells us why in verse 26. I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger. Do we not find broken down cities in the jungles, under the earth, and under the waters all over the planet. It is not possible that all of these were created since the days of Adam. These pre – Adamic civilizations covered the earth from pole to pole like we read in the myths and legends of all cultures, as for example the story of Atlantis. As the evil of that race of men spread, not just on earth but probably across the Solar System, and maybe even the galaxy, judgment from God came down and completely destroyed those worlds. That is what the prophet Jeremiah saw: no man, broken down cities covered by water, exactly the description we read about in Genesis 1:2. Jeremiah provides the details, fills in the blanks left by the Genesis account. If Genesis 1 and Jeremiah 4 do indeed record that pre – Adamic civilizations had existed upon Earth, for which there is more evidence than can possibly be listed here, then the prophet provides a very important clue that these civilizations were built by men before the days of Adam. So the race of man does not begin with Adam, that is what the Bible teaches, all extraneous sources notwithstanding.
Finally the apostle Peter also made note of cosmic judgment and destruction having befallen not just the earth but also the heavens in pre – Adamic times. The speaks about an old heavens and a new heavens, which would prove that even the very heavens we live under today are not the same as originally created, so long ago.
Look carefully are verse 7, ‘the heavens and the earth, which are now….is there any other way to interpret these scriptures except to mean that the present heavens and the present earth are not the same as the original ones. And once again even if one argues that the earth was destroyed in Noah’s days, when were the heavens destroyed, and why? They were certainly not destroyed in Noah’s days, were they? So it must have happened in an age predating Adam. These things did indeed happen in ages long before Adam and involved, Cherubim, angels and men, not just angels. The prophet Jeremiah clearly describes the judgment of the civilizations of pre – Adamic men, and the prophet Ezekiel describes the judgments of the ‘anointed cherub’, and his angelic host.
The only men in the Bible predating Adam were the mysterious creatures called the ‘sons of God’; no one else fits the bill. I hope this series will have proven this fact beyond dispute that the sons of God of the Old Testament were men, corporeal flesh and blood humans not angels, not cherubim, not hybrids or any other species. Although this is the last segment in this series, the story of creation and the history of the Universe is a subject that will continue to be written on and spoken about on my websites, and on radio programs and podcasts.