ALPHA: IN THE BEGINNING
Revelation 1:11 ... I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last...
There are two verses in the Bible that begin with these words, In the beginning...
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
To begin The History of Creation from the beginning we need to journey as far back in time as possible to the very beginning of Time itself. The two scriptures quoted above are a record of two beginnings that are related yet different. Genesis 1:1 records the beginning of material creation, of Matter and therefore of Time itself, whereas John 1:1 is a record of the Intelligence that existed before Time began that was exercised to bring into existence the very Matter from which Space was formed when Time began. The gospel of the beloved apostle John begins with the statement that ‘In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God’. Unlike Genesis 1:1 that leads us back in time to the very beginning of material creation and therefore of Time, John 1:1 reveals that even before Time began there was someone that existed who not only initiated the creation process but who created all things, everything that exists did not come out of nothing. And He who has existed from before the beginning of creation is The Word of God and since The Word of God is God, we can say that ‘In the beginning was God...’ So when we retrace, like good detectives, the history of creation to its beginning who do we find there but God! This however begs the question does God have a beginning? This complex question has a simple answer when we understand that only material things have a beginning in time. If God is not made out of Matter, that is he is not composed of molecules and atoms, or cells and DNA, then he does not need to have a beginning and can exist beyond the boundaries of time. But if God is not made out of Matter then what does he consist of? The Biblical answer to this question is that God is a living sentient being, a Spirit that is Invisible and Immaterial, a Mind of infinite Intelligence expressed in Word and Language, also infinite Energy and Power that occupies no Space and exists beyond Time.
Scientists theorize, and generally agree, that the Universe does indeed have a beginning. In order to understand how the process began that brought the Universe into existence they again theorize that something must have existed at the very first instant that the process got started. Their best guess as summarised in ‘The Big Bang’ theory is that at the instant immediately preceding the big bang (which actually is not an explosion) there existed something called a ‘Singularity’. For lack of an understanding of what this ‘Singularity’ was they again theorise that it was Matter condensed to infinite density at an extremely high temperature (the question of how this matter got condensed to infinite density and where the infinite amount of energy required to do this could have come from are not answered nor can be answered). It would be wise to keep in mind here that these ‘scientific’ explanations of our origins are theories not backed by empirical evidence (observable, measurable evidence) and therefore belong more in the realm of philosophy rather than of ‘Science’. However logic and reason dictate that it is impossible for something to have come out of nothing, therefore we agree with ‘Science’ that something, or someone, must have existed prior to the beginning of Time and Space. As opposed to such philosophical theories as ‘The Big Bang’ the Bible provides a great deal of evidence that God not only existed prior to the beginning of creation, He is the author of creation. Any court of law would accept such evidence as being beyond reasonable doubt even if it is based on logic and reason, and may only be classified as circumstantial evidence. However we believe that there is also more than enough empirical evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the Universe and intelligent life are in fact a creation not a product of chance or accident. The Biblical History of Creation is like a jigsaw puzzle that needs to be patiently pieced together in order to view the complete picture that alone can give us the understanding of both HOW and more importantly WHY God created all things. Let’s begin by looking at the various pieces of the puzzle that we will later fit together to reveal the whole picture.
- John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
- Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead...
- Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
- 1 Timothy 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- Hebrews 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
What do we learn from all of the above scriptures? Simply that God is invisible, and were it not for material creation, he would have forever remained invisible! John 4:24 God is a Spirit...The Spirit that is God is a Mind with infinite Intelligence, is Energy and Power, He is not Matter, and therefore is not visible. It stands to reason that if God did not exist in material form, in other words, He did not have a body in the beginning but existed as an Intelligent Spirit Being then He would have been invisible even though He Himself was the Creator of all things. The purpose of material creation is to make visible, through successive ages of progressive revelation, the invisible Creator to His creation. Through each age of creation God has revealed more of Himself leading up to the age of Man, the current age in the history of creation. In this present age God has made Himself fully visible by becoming corporeal or flesh, the God–Man of Nazareth, Jesus Christ. In Jesus Christ God has become fully visible whereas prior to this age He had been only partially visible, even as He had been completely invisible in the beginning. All of material creation speaks loud and clear of the invisible Creator yet man is so consumed by his love for material things that he is totally oblivious to the divine symphony that is playing all around him day and night.
Psalm 19:1-3 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. 2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. 3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
In the above psalm, words such as declare, show, utter, knowledge, speech, language and voice tell us that all created things such as the heavens, the Earth, the seas, the trees, the land, and the life upon it speak loudly that there is a Creator (for nothing ever created itself) yet man is deaf to these voices that are all around him, day and night.
- John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- Psalm 147:5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.
- John 1:1 tells us that the Word was God. The Bible gives us a very clear definition of who God is, defining him as The Word. In the original Greek, the word translated ‘Word’ in the English language is the Greek word ‘LOGOS’ that has the following meanings:
- Intelligence, Mind, Reason, the faculty of reasoning, rationality, intelligent speech, Language, Word as the expression of that intelligence.
The definition of Logos or Word makes intelligence and language synonymous if not identical. Intelligence is apparent only when it is expressed in Word or Language. Language is how information is processed, whether in a mind or in a computer. Language can be verbal in the form of speech, it can also be written, it can be expressed in the form of actions or gestures and it can also be artistic as in the form of drawings, paintings, sculptures etc. The Language or the Word of God is not a human tongue, that is, it is not English or Hebrew or Greek or any human language; it is in all likelihood a mathematical language that is expressed as energy, specifically as sound energy. The words that God speaks are living seeds of intelligent energy; the words themselves are both Language and Power. The words of God are encoded instructions that contain within themselves the power and energy required to execute the instructions encoded within the words, as for example DNA is on a cell. Thus it is written:
Psalm 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
The above scripture gives us some very important clues as to what God is, not who He is but rather what He is. First of all we are told that the Word of God is QUICK, this word ‘quick’ does not mean ‘Speed’ but rather ‘Alive’ or ‘Living’. We know according to John 1:1 that the Word is God, thus we can safely conclude that God is Alive, He is a Living being not an abstract or philosophical concept. Secondly the very same scripture tells us that the Word is ‘POWERFUL’. This word is an English translation of the Greek Word Energes, the English word ENERGY is a transliteration of this word. We can again conclude that the Word is Energy, and since the Word is God, then it would be correct to say that God is Energy, God is Power.
If God is living and God is Energy, then it would not be incorrect to say that GOD IS LIVING ENERGY. Since God is also intelligent, we can then say that GOD IS LIVING INTELLIGENT ENERGY, in a manner of speaking all energy is living but what differentiates God is that the Energy that He is also paired with Intelligence. It is the intelligence of God that always directs His Power; it is this intelligence that is called The Word that brought Matter into existence by creating the language or Word that defined it, which when energized by His Power became Matter. Matter could not have come into existence from previous matter which is how ‘Science’ tries to explain it; Matter could only have arisen out of Energy. Since God is the only Energy (and Intelligence) that there is any record of having existed prior to the creation of Time and Space, then is it not reasonable to conclude that He has created all things not some unknown, indefinable ‘Singularity’?
- John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- Psalm 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
- Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
The building block of all Matter is the Word of God, living seeds of intelligent energy, that not only brought Matter into existence but are the very glue that hold Matter together. The following analogy can help us understand the creative process as follows:
- God is like a farmer with infinite amounts of energy to grow whatever he chooses.
- His words are living seeds; what the seeds bring forth depends on the information or language encoded upon the seed by the farmer. Seeds of light will bring forth light: Genesis 1:3 ‘And God said let there be light, and there was light.’ The concept that there is a seed of light may seem farfetched to some but it is a scientific concept when we understand that everything that exists has an underlying language that defines what it is, not in human speech but mathematically. To create a seed of light is as simple as writing a program or a formula whose result will be light if the power to apply the formula is available. Since God’s Language capabilities are infinite, he can write a program or formula for anything and everything that exists, be it a grain of sand or a strand of DNA. Since He also has infinite power and energy, there is nothing that He cannot create, even something as big and as infinite as the Universe itself. The seeds of God are His words which is why it is written that the worlds were framed by the Word of God, literally sown and made to grow through intelligent seeds powered by the energy contained within them. (Hebrews 11:3)
- The stumbling block at which so – called ‘scientists’ stumble when considering the massive size of the Cosmos, of the galaxies, the stars, the planets and other celestial bodies is how could any person create such gigantic bodies of truly mind boggling size? Even we humans could create planets and stars if we only understood the ‘Seed’ principle employed by God in the creation of all things, and if we had the power available to energize those seeds to begin the growth process. All of the matter that constitutes our current Universe began as seeds, living words that contained the instructions within themselves of how to multiply exponentially to become planets and stars and galaxies, and intelligent life. The seed of a planet is the word that defines what a planet is, in a mathematical language. The seed, in time, brings forth land and water and mountains and valleys and vegetation in accordance with the language (Word) encoded on the seed. The process is no different than that employed in the growth of a human body in the womb from a single cell to a fully developed body. If the language of single cell has been programmed with instructions to develop into a complex multi trillion celled body, why can not a being with infinite intelligence write a program on a single particle of matter to develop into a planet or a star? The issue is not the size of the bodies we are considering; the issue is the size of the intelligence writing the instructions! The principle of exponential multiplication is to be found everywhere in the microscopic world but also in the natural world. God made one man and commanded him to be fruitful and MULTIPLY by giving him the seed that would be required for multiplication, so one became two and two became four and so on and so forth, exactly as a single cell multiplies into billions. The principle of creating by first creating the seed applies to planets, stars, galaxies, the Universe, all that is needed is the original seed!
The following short video illustrates the principle of growth by exponential multiplication, if it works for humans and animals and plants, why can it not be applied in the creation of terrestrial and celestial bodies? If the seed has the instruction into what it should grow, then is the only limitation not what instructions can be encoded on the seed?
- I have yet to meet a single ‘Singularity’ that can write a single instruction on a strand of DNA but I can confirm with the utmost of confidence that I have met my Maker whose understanding is truly infinite. (Psalm 147:5)
Numerous passages in the Bible tell us that all of creation was created by the Word of God or the Intelligence of God or the Language of God. All things that exist have an underlying language encoded on their fundamental building blocks such as DNA in the case of living organisms. The Word of God is living intelligent energy, therefore creation is a product of words spoken by the Creator; spoken words of God are living seeds of energy that contain within themselves instructions as well as the power to execute those instructions to bring forth whatever the programmer (God) has programmed them to bring forth. This is the reason why God can confidently affirm, Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. What makes God so very confident that His Word will not return to Him void, that is, having failed in the purpose it was sent to accomplish? The answer to this question is that, first of all God knows exactly what He wants to accomplish, and therefore pre–programs the word or seed with specific instructions accordingly before He sends it out. Secondly, He knows that all the power required to fulfill the instructions programmed in the word is also contained within the word, and therefore the word can never fail to accomplish that which the sender intended it to accomplish. It is as if a farmer had both the knowledge and the power to not only create his own seed but to create the very ground in which the seed would best grow, would such a farmer ever have a failed crop? God is that farmer whose word can be a seed of His making, whether of celestial bodies or of inanimate objects or living organisms. The beginning of all things is LANGUAGE not the Big Bang, therefore those who suggest that language follows rather than precedes creation miss the boat entirely as to the working of the creative process.
Psalm 33:9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.
The following short video shows the amazing process of DNA replication, all this just happened by chance or is it The Word of God (his language) written on every cell and every particle of matter? All things were made by Him (the Word of God) and without Him (the Word of God, His Language) was not any thing made that was made. (John 1:3)
Romans 1:20 makes it crystal clear that it has become possible to understand God’s invisible characteristics only through the things he has created. Ultimately the purpose of all creation is to make the invisible Creator fully visible to his creation through his creation, and by himself becoming a created being: this is who Jesus Christ is, the immaterial Creator, the invisible Spirit made visible in a body created out of matter. John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us... the invisible, ever existent, living energy, intelligent Spirit that is God has housed Himself in a body made out of matter, the corporeal being that was born out of this union of Spirit (God) and flesh (man) is Jesus Christ, the God–Man. John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? The rhetorical question that Jesus asked Philip was posed with the intent of giving Philip the understanding that the invisible Father (God as Spirit) had now been made visible in the body of Jesus Christ. Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, ‘Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me.’ This process of the Creator reproducing Himself in corporeal form is a rather complex one that has spanned several ages lasting an untold number of years, possibly in the billions. Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. God with us in bodily form is the ultimate purpose of creation, why this had to be such a complex process lasting ages will become apparent as this history progresses through the ages.
The History of Creation is therefore the history of the eons long process that finally resulted in the union of Spirit and flesh in the body of Jesus Christ. This is a fantastic tale of good and evil, of death and resurrection, of devils and angels, even of devils that once were angels. It spans not only across continents but across planets and galaxies, of technologies not imagined by any Sci–Fi writer, of death stars and the death of stars, and even of planets but ultimately it is a tale of Love, for that is the ultimate revelation given to us by our Creator that God is Love! Read on and see how this love story unfolds and stand in awe of Him who alone created all things for His own pleasure as you come to the understanding of the role that has been written for you in this incredible saga, penned in living words before a single word was ever spoken.
1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.