Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Signs of the second coming of Jesus Christ and of the end of the world
· Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. Religious deception is already abounding with false Christs everywhere. The only protection we have against such deception is to study God’s Word, The Holy Bible, for ourselves, and to pray. People who do not study to show themselves approved to God fall easy prey to charlatans and false prophets.
· And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. Wars are presently going on, for example the Iraq war and the Afghanistan war, and rumors of war abound such as war between Iran and Israel, North and South Korea, India and Pakistan, Russia and Georgia, and many on the African continent. Internal strife is rising and will continue to rise as the economic crisis deepens, for example in Iceland, Greece, Latvia, Bolivia and many other nations across the globe.
· And there shall be famines: Many reports are coming out suggesting a ‘food’ disaster in the making. California, Texas, Florida, parts of China, and India and Australia are all suffering drought conditions that will affect the world’s food supply in coming years. In Australia things had gotten so bad that the earth literally caught fire destroying whole towns.
· And Pestilences: The Swine flu is perhaps the first of the deadly pestilences that will sweep the globe in the coming years decimating the Earth’s population. The Earth will literally spew out its inhabitants for their wickedness.
· Earthquakes: From NZ to Alaska, from the Arctic to the Antarctic there are more and more earthquakes every year. I am of the belief that there is nothing random as to where these earthquakes strike. As judgment increases in severity we will witness more and more populated areas being struck such as the one in Italy recently.