Since the turn of the century, the world has experienced major earth disasters, the kind of which used to occur once every quarter century or so. And since 2010 it seems that the frequency and magnitude of these disasters is increasing. Here is brief list, which is by no means complete of some of the disasters that we have seen since the 2004 Indonesian earthquake and tsunami.
· 2004 9.0 earthquake Tsunami
· 2005 Hurricane Katrina – New Orleans destroyed
· 2005 – Pakistan earthquake – over 80K dead
· 2007 – 2008 / Cat 4-5 typhoons hit Taiwan and Philippines
· 2008 Cyclone Nargis in Burma (now Myanmar) – 50K dead
· 2008 Sichuan, China earthquake – nearly 100K dead
· 2010 Haiti earthquake – some 250K dead plus country left in ruins, still in a disastrous state
· 2010 Gulf Oil disaster
· 2011 Fukushima quake and tsunami
· 2011 and subsequent Christchurch, NZ earthquakes
· 2011 and 2012 Massive US tornadoes and winter storms that covered half the continent
· 2011 Australian and worldwide flooding (Pakistan, India, China, Brazil, USA, Canada and Europe)
· 2012 Russian wildfires that destroyed thousands of hectares of cropland, and covered a large area around Moscow in smoke and smog that killed many people
· 2012 – Hurricane Sandy US
· 2013 – Major disastrous flooding in India that has killed tens of thousands, and now the most powerful storm ever in history to make landfall hit the Philippines just this past weekend. Wind speeds were over 300 km. / hr.
Heatwaves and droughts across the world since the turn of the century have also been of Biblical proportions. Actually I’ve heard this term, of Biblical proportions used in the media more in the past 3 years than ever before in my life. I have not even made a list of the all the millions of fish kills that have littered beaches worldwide just in the past 3 years, plus all other kinds of animals such as birds and even moose that are being found dead by the hundreds and thousands all over the world.
So are all these disasters just normal events or are we really beginning to experience major earth changes? ‘Changes’ is a mild word; the more appropriate term would be catastrophic earth destruction. Now all of this has been prophesied in the Bible, and not in figurative terms but events of a certain nature and magnitude are spelled out beforehand in detail. Jesus and prophets throughout the Bible prophesied an end of this world, and gave us the signs to watch for that would be seen before the final end. Jesus, and other Biblical prophets beginning with Enoch, prophesied the end of this world and gave us unmistakable signs that would indicate when the process of the end would have begun. Having a good understanding of Bible prophecy, I am of the opinion that we are now in the very early stages of the beginning of the end which Jesus called the BEGINNING of SORROWS or Birth pangs as this age and this present evil world come to a catastrophic end. If not for the intervention of Jesus Christ, of God Almighty, no one alive would survive the coming cataclysms.
The devil knows that these things must transpire exactly as written in the Bible, and therefore he has also offered many counterfeit prophecies such as that of Nostradamus, of the Mayans etc. to prophecy similar events as recorded in the Bible but leaving God and Jesus out of these prophecies as the controllers of these events. In his prophecies, these are just natural processes or controlled by aliens, the New World etc. There is no such thing as uncontrolled natural processes, someone is always in control, and that someone is Jesus Christ, The Living Omnipotent God in the flesh, The Creator of all things, and the upholder of all things. You can believe in Him, and be saved, or you can deny Him and continue down the path of destruction that you are already on, and the path of destruction towards which this world is headed. The choice is yours to make, you can make it voluntarily or it will be made for you be default! Trust Him my friends! He alone is True, and True to His Word; He will not leave us nor forsake us. Who else are you gonna call to save you – Ghostbusters?
The following are just a few of the scriptures that foretell of the MEGA disaster events that lie in our future, and in the near future in my estimation. The word that Jesus Himself used to describe these disasters is the word MEGA. Mega is a Greek word that has been transliterated into the English language. I further of the opinion that we have not yet seen Mega disasters of Biblical proportions although this Philippines typhoon is a harbinger of even greater storms and quakes and such disasters that will be truly Mega in magnitude, such as the world has not seen before. So the end is near but not quite here yet. Jesus is not coming back next year or the year after or in the next decade or the one after. When these 4 events as prophesied in Matthew 24:7 begin to happen simultaneously worldwide on a Mega scale, then can be sure that the End will have begun and the return of Jesus would be a few years away. If these events keep on intensifying in magnitude and frequency then we can be sure that the prophesied end of the world is close, and we should turn to Him who alone has power over nature and all its processes. That person is Jesus, not Nostradamus or the Mayans or the Hopis or any other person or people. You can believe in Nosty if you like but ask yourself, ‘Is he able to save your soul’ that Jesus promise He can and will for all who trust in Him. Who you gonna trust? That is the question that we must all ask ourselves?
- Revelation 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.