- N. Korea vows to scrap ceasefire if South, US continue military drill
- North Korea has threatened to scrap the armistice which ended the 1950-53 Korean War if the South and US continue with an ongoing military drill. 58
- Nuclear revival: Japan to re-launch six reactors in 2013
- Japan’s major supplier of nuclear power generating equipment, France’s Areva group, has announced Tokyo’s plans to restart six reactors by the end of 2013. The other reactors will be restarted later – except the Fukushima-type made in the US.
- Any port in a storm: Pirate Bay relocates to N. Korea?
- The Pirate Bay’s announcement that it has laid down anchor in North Korea may just be a hoax as Europe forces the mutinous bit torrent tracker into choppy waters over the legality of its operations. 24
- ‘War weary’ Taliban may form political party
- The Afghan Taliban are considering a political solution to the decade long conflict, a senior Taliban leader has said, amid speculation that the Taliban may be becoming war weary. 49