Friday, July 13, 2012
'Liberation' of Syria by NATO getting closer as violence reportedly escalates!
Syrian opposition claims government forces stormed a village in the province of Hama on Thursday, killing up to 200 people. Numerous reports cite rebel activists who themselves quote local witnesses. State TV puts the blame on “terrorists”. The so-called Revolution Leadership Council of Hama told Reuters that the village of Tremseh had been attacked by helicopter gunships and tanks, and was later stormed by pro-government militia. Several people in the village – most of them civilians – reportedly died in the shelling and others were later shot in the head, the rebel source said. Scores of dead bodies were scattered in buildings across Tremseh, Al Arabiya quoted opposition activists as saying. More than 150 dead bodies were piled up in the local mosque and the local school was allegedly destroyed too. The reports could not be independently confirmed. The Syrian government does not allow foreign journalists into combat zones, while the UN observer mission, currently on the ground in the country, suspended most of its activities after violence re-erupted last month, putting an end to a short-lived ceasefire.
Read More: Up to 200 reported killed in Syrian village — RT