FROM THE BEGINNING TILL NOW: THE AGES OF TIME
Previous Chapters / http://www.signsoftheend.net/Creation/Overview.html
In Greek and Hindu Mythology we are told that ‘Ages’ of time have preceded the present age of man. The ancient writings of these civilizations such as the Hindu ‘Vedas’ plainly state that at least three ages have preceded the present age of time; that intelligent beings have inhabited not only this planet but other worlds also in these ages. Their claim that modern man is not the first intelligent inhabitant of Earth is reiterated in the myths and legends of most cultures, both in the old world and the new. The Bible also speaks of ages of Time, even some of the descriptive terms used for Jehovah God such as ‘Rock of Ages’, and from ‘Age to Age’ thou art God, imply that periods of time have predated the modern age that began about 6000 years ago with Adam in the Garden of Eden. The Greeks named these ages according to the name of metals, the older the age the greater the preciousness of the metal it was associated with; the first age termed the Golden Age was considered to be the best with succeeding age getting progressively worse. The names of the ages as given by the Greeks are listed below with the corresponding name given by the Hindus to the same age in parentheses.
1. Golden Age. (Satya Yuga)
2. Silver Age. (Krita Yuga)
3. Bronze Age. (Dvapara Yuga)
4. Iron Age. (Kali Yuga)
Before discussing each individual Age of Time and its history, let me explain that mythological history when compared to Biblical and secular history reveals a wealth of information about our past. To gain a proper understanding of religious scriptures other than the Bible, for example the Hindu ‘Vedas’, and the myths and legends recorded in such writings, and even oral legends, it is necessary to understand that all myths and legends have some basis in truth. However without comparing mythology to Biblical Scripture it is not possible to accurately determine who exactly the myth is referring to, or the true source of the origin of the myth and its significance. If it is true that all things have indeed been created, then it stands to reason that there is a Creator and that there is a true history of creation, of which there is one true version and yet many false or partially true versions. I believe that the Biblical version is the true one and all mythological versions are fictionalized versions of this one true version. I believe that there is only one source for all Knowledge in this Universe, that being Jehovah God, that only knowledge given directly by Him is absolute truth; knowledge from any other source is a perversion of this absolute truth, yet it is based on the truth. The LORD God in his wisdom has allowed evil and falsehood to temporarily find place in his Universe to serve his purposes. A lie can also reveal the truth because a lie shows its opposite to be the truth. Therefore there is much that can be learnt from mythology provided we understand that truth must be sifted out of myths and legends by comparing them to Biblical scriptures. An honest comparison of the two will confirm the one and disprove the other but will help fill in the gaps that recorded history has left blank. The following example compares mythological versions of origins and compares it with Biblical scripture to prove that the Biblical version is indeed the source of these myths, and that these myths confirm the truth of the Bible in an esoteric form.
The mythological story of the Greek god Phanes as the ‘Protogonos’ (firstborn) has far too many Biblical parallels to be just coincidence. The many names and attributes of this god point to Jehovah and Jesus Christ (as the incarnation of Jehovah in corporeal form) as being the true God and creator revealed in these myths. Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. This act of bringing light is attributed to a ‘classical Greek Orphic concept’ (not necessarily a person) in mythology but to a very well defined individual deity whose name is Jehovah and Jesus (after his incarnation) in Biblical scripture.
Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: This scripture among many others reveals JESUS CHRIST as the firstborn, a well documented historical figure not a ‘mystic primeval deity’.
Other names attributed to Phanes are also attributes, characteristics and names of the God of the Bible, Ericapaeus means power just as recorded in Hebrews 4:12 ‘For the word of God is quick (alive), and powerful’...there are too many scriptures that speak of the power of God, of the one Jehovah God, not a pantheon of gods.
Phanes’ other name, ‘Metis’ means Thought. John 1:3 tells us that The Word was God, Word as defined previously means Mind, Thought, Intelligence, Logic, Reason, Language and more. Once again where the Bible defines the one deity Jehovah as the self existent omnipotent Creator who alone has the intelligence and power to create all things. That power and knowledge of the one Creator is conceptualized across a pantheon of gods in all mythologies which is why there is no one consistent history of creation in mythology as recorded in the Biblical Scriptures.
Phanes (Greek: Φάνης, from φαίνω - phainō "I bring to light"),
or Protogonos (Greek: Πρωτογόνος, "First-born"),
was the mystic primeval deity of procreation and the generation of new life, who was introduced into Greek mythology by the Orphic tradition;
other names for this Classical Greek Orphic concept included
Ericapaeus (Ἠρικαπαῖος or Ἠρικεπαῖος "power")
and Metis ("thought").
We will continue to explore Biblical and mythological parallels to derive an accurate chronology of Creation as well as to identify various mythological characters such as the elder Titan gods of the Greeks that would correspond to the ‘angels that sinned’ (2 Peter 2:4) and were imprisoned in Tartarus. Such parallels between mythology and the Bible are far too common to be dismissed as fiction or coincidence without close examination. The history of the origin and evolution of evil, the periods of time, in which evil was born and reached maturity logically explains both the personalities (the deities, gods, heroes) as well as the events such as cosmic warfare, that are recorded in the Bible as well as in mythology. The Bible alone offers a coherent whole ‘History of Creation’, explaining not only the ‘how’ but more importantly the ‘why’ of creation. The following is a brief summary of how the mythological ‘Ages of Time’ correspond to Biblical history and will be studied in much greater detail as this work progresses.
- The Golden age would correspond to the age of the original Creation as recorded in Genesis 1:1, In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. This age witnessed the stretching out of the heavens and spreading forth of the earth. Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein... Though mythological accounts mention this age, there are few details outside of the Bible to fill the gaps. Detailed accounts of the legends and sagas of the exploits of the gods, demigods and humans of mythology generally begin with the Silver age. Intelligent created life, mainly spirit beings such as ‘Angels’ and corporeal human like beings, ‘the sons of God’ came into existence in this age (Job 38:4-7). This was the age of advanced technology that would be considered magical by today’s standards. The age came to an end when Lucifer, one of the chief ruling spirits of this age rebelled against his creator. Lucifer would correspond to the Greek Cronus, the chief of the elder gods, the Titans.
- The Silver age would be the beginning of the age of Lucifer and the fallen angels as they attempted to invade heaven and usurp the throne of Jehovah God (Isa. 14, Eze. 28). This was the age when gods (rebel angels), demigods (who later became demons) and humans (sons of God) mingled freely. This was also the age in which the demigods and daemons of mythology were originally constructed through genetic experimentation. Using genetic material from existing humans, the sons of God created by Jehovah God, and mixing it with animal DNA, hybrid creatures such as the centaurs and satyrs were manufactured in laboratories right here on Earth and beyond by the rebel angels who had had advanced scientific knowledge originally given to them by their creator. The myths of creation of the ‘giants’ as by the blood of Uranus would indicate genetic manipulation to create these Cyclopian mutants. The whole reptilian class of creatures, serpents and dragons of mythology and the Bible, were manufactured in this age, Satan being the chief serpent and dragon, a serpentine dragon to be exact. Contrary to popular belief, Lucifer and Satan are not the same being, one is an ethereal spirit being whereas the other a corporeal creature of flesh, who may now be a disembodied spirit but nonetheless was a creature of flesh at one time. There may have been a war at this time between Lucifer (the elder god – father / creator) and his offspring, Satan and his reptilian kin. This age came to an end with Lucifer and his army of angels being imprisoned in Tartarus, the biblical Hell. (2 Pet. 2, Jude).
- The Bronze Age was the age of Satan, the Bible speaks clearly of Thrones or kingdoms, Dominions (lordships) and principalities and powers in the heavens that are evil (Col. 1:16). These powers are not the original rebel angels that the Bible clearly states are imprisoned in hell awaiting the Day of Judgment. The serpent has been worshiped in all cultures across the globe from the smallest of tribes to the largest of nations and empires. Satan who is clearly identified as a serpentine dragon in the Bible (Rev. 12:9) is also identified as the god of this world (2 Cor. 4:4). His imprisonment unlike that of Lucifer does not happen until after the second coming of Jesus Christ; therefore it stands to reason that Lucifer and Satan is not the same person. Therefore the age of mythology assigned to Zeus and the Olympian gods, biblically speaking is the age of Satan where he exerted his evil power far and wide in the Cosmos. These ‘corporeal’ enemies of God in contrast to the ‘ethereal’ angelic enemies of God were not judged and imprisoned at the same time as Lucifer and the fallen angels. As a result of judgment these corporeal reptilian, hybrid and mutant creatures may have perished in bodily form and become disembodied spirits or demons, the form in which they roam the earth today. This judgment seems to have occurred just prior to the creation of man when God destroyed the heavens and the earth through a Universal flood which was not the terrestrial flood of Noah’s time. This is how the earth became ‘without form and void’ which was not the state in which it was originally formed (Gen. 1:2, Jer. 4:23, 2 Pet. 3:6).
- The current age classified by the Greeks as the Iron Age may also be termed the age of Man. It began about 6000 years ago and the number of years this age has lasted, and will last, may be calculated with a fair degree of accuracy. It begins with the reformation or replenishing and refitting of the earth to make it suitable for habitation once again after the judgment inflicted upon it in the previous age. This would be penultimate age before eternity and one major event in this age distinguishes it from the previous ages. It is in this age that Jehovah God, the creator of all things revealed the purpose for which the Universe was created. It is in this age that the Word became flesh, the Creator became a creation, Spirit and flesh were united and the eternal invisible God was incarnated in a body of man (John 1, Rev. 3:14, Col. 2:19, Col. 1:15). The Bible tells us that all things were created by him, and for his pleasure they were created (Rev. 4:11). In order for the Creator to derive pleasure from his material creation, He himself had to be incarnated in bodily form. The previous three ages in which evil was birthed and matured set up the stage which would make the Divine Incarnation possible. Why it had to be so will be the subject of discussion throughout this work. This age will end after the 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ upon this present earth. Though Hitler may have been delusional enough to believe he was the Messiah that would bring in the 1000 year kingdom, it is in fact Jesus Christ who will do so.
There is some speculation as to the exact time periods covered by these ages, and there may be some overlap between them. The first three ages, The Gold, The Silver and The Bronze, especially the Gold were of much greater duration of time than the Iron that has a measurable period of time associated with it. Nonetheless Creation has not proceeded in a random or haphazard manner, every aspect of it has been carefully planned by God and both past and future history of creation will follow the script penned by Him to the last jot and tittle, believe it or not!