2 Peter 3: 5–7
· 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
· 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
· 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
· 12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
· How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
· 13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven,
· I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
· I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
· 14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
· 15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Ezekiel 28: 12–19
· 12Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
· 13Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God;
· Every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold:
· The workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
· 14Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so:
· Thou wast upon the holy mountain of God;
· Thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
· 15Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
· 16By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned:therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
· 17Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty,
· Thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness:
· I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
· 18Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick;
· Therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
· 19All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.